About Santi Obcena
It was 2008 when Santi decided to take his fashion designs to the next level. After giving up dancing, he went on and pursued a career in fashion design which started from his college days in the De La Salle College of Saint Benilde where he took his degree in Fashion Design and Merchandising.
For him, when it comes to fashion, each criterion should have its meaning. The piece must say something about the person wearing it and at the same time, about the designer. Fashion should transform a person; it should enhance their beauty as well as highlight certain features.
For Santi, who was a participant in Project Runway Philippines Season 2, MEGA Young Designers, Philippine Fashion Week, and Bench-CCP Ternocon, his proudest moments happen at church. When the doors fling open, the crowd turns around and admires the bride looking radiant in a gown wrought by his hands.
Located in the heart of Cubao, Quezon City, the House of Santi caters any dressmaking and tailoring needs ranging from bridal and wedding wear, formal events wear, corporate wear, outfits for performances on stage and on film, and even costumes for any timely event.
Behind the Seams: Who is behind all the beautiful works of the House of Santi
The House of Santi ladies in their stations:
- Santi Obcena: Overall studio director and tailor/seamster
- Kate Alison Santos: Studio Assistant, All-around Staff
- Chonalyn Alonzo: Head seamstress
- Rommel "Pia" Castillo: Embroiderer
- Jasmin Romasanta: Head beader and lace setter
- Jeanette "Pol" De Quiroz: On-call beader and lace setter
- Jomarie "Kim" Aguila: On-call beader and lace setter
- Beng Moreno: On-call seamstress